Friday, September 13, 2013

Taco night!

I always try to plan one or two easy meals into the week's menu, because I find it helps me stick to the menu much  more. That stops me from wasting food and money, which is a good thing! Last night, the plan was to eat a quick dinner and then go to the local fair, so I decided it was a good taco night. While I was cooking the crumbles, the rain began, so the plans were canceled, but we still had a quick, easy dinner.


I add faux beef crumbles and 1/2 TBS vegetable oil to a pan and cook until nearly done, then I add taco seasoning (to taste). Then it's all about chopping vegetables and assembly! Everyone likes them to be a little bit different. Mine have the crumbles, lettuce, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, and Tofutti sour cream. It's not fancy, but it is easy and tasty!

Nutritional Info (for my 3 tacos)

Calories: 383
Carbs: 40 g 
Protein: 20 g
Fat: 16.8 g
Sodium: 777mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 4.7 g
Vitamin A: 9%
Vitamin C: 6% 
Calcium: 11%
Iron: 16%

No comments:

Post a Comment