Thursday, September 19, 2013

Peanut Noodles

Yesterday did not work as well as I'd hoped. It was my first high school open house, and it was longer and crazier than I'd imagined. I was craving something rich and was just going to grab a quick bite out, but was thwarted by inconvenient restaurant hours. I whipped up some peanut noodles instead.


The peanut sauce I made will be good for other recipes, though there was some flavor missing that I can't quite place. It hit the spot, though, and makes 6 servings, so there's plenty leftover!

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup water
3 TBS hoisin sauce
2 TBS lime juice
1 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS chili garlic sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp Sriracha

Then I boiled up 1.25 servings of rice noodles while I was pan frying 3/4 of a red bell pepper and 1 cup of petite green beans in 1/4 tsp sesame oil and splashes of water and lime juice to deglaze. I served it all together with a little Sriracha heart on top.

The whole thing, noodles, vegetables, and 1/6 of the sauce recipe was hugely satisfying. It wasn't the healthiest option out there, but it's still in range for most people, calorie-wise. If I'd had more time/energy, I'd have added another few vegetables, since that's always good at making meals heartier and healthier. 

Calories: 517
Carbs: 81 g
Protein: 12.2 g
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 7% 
Vitamin C: 335%
Calcium: 8%
Iron: 23%


No comments:

Post a Comment